Saturday, July 16, 2016

Library Card Application Issues

Hi folks,

Two issues I've had with customers in the last few days remind me of some things of which I want to remind everyone.

First, when you make someone a library card, always give them a yellow "All About Your Library Card" sheet. Remember to write the card's expiration date on it. Also ask the customer what they would like their PIN to be. I always have the customer write the PIN.

Also, remember that if a youth is within three years of their 18th birthday, the expiration date for the card is their 18th birthday, instead of three years from the date of application. You have to change the date manually. A customer asked for me to look up her son's card the other day using her ID and I discovered that her 18-year-old son still had a youth card. This card was from another location, but it's a good opportunity to remind everyone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment