Saturday, May 25, 2013

HPL's Pop Up Library

Note: The boxes we have received with books that show they are from Mary are for this program. They are not for SRP.
Thanks,
John
----------------------------------------------------------------- Hi,
  I have attached a one page FAQ about the Pop Up Library.  Please review it and share it.  If you have any questions about it, please send me an email.  Our special Pop Up Library design is on the tent, bookplates and collateral material.  I have attached the design.
  I am thrilled to announce Mr. Da’Vian Smith as the Project Manager.  Mr. Smith brings excellent organizational skills, a “Can Do” attitude, and a strong knowledge of youth literature and programming to the position.  The Pop Up Library staff also includes four seasonal (June, July and August)  Early Literacy Specialists and this team will be the primary deliverers of the Pop Up Library project.  This team will work with both the NL Administration office and the Community Engagement office.
  With the wonderful support of the Community Engagement team, we had an informal launch of the program last week at Kashmere Gardens Elementary!  It was very successful.  Members of the Pop Up Team and Community Engagement team have received training on FLIP kits and Para los NiƱos from the Children’s Museum of Houston.
  We are currently booking the program at more venues.  If you know of summer programs, include day camps, faith based organizations, clubs for youth, etc., please do not hesitate to email them to Da’Vian Smith (da’vian.smith@houstontx.gov).
  As stated in the FAQ, every Neighborhood Library, Central, Discovery Green and Children’s Museum of Houston will receive give-away books and a one hole punch. 
  Instructions for returning punch cards and surveys are in the FAQ.  I am also posting this information on the NL blog under the Literacy tab.  We are looking to a very active and fun summer and appreciate your support of this project.

Best regards,
Mary Wagoner, M.L.I.S.
Special Services Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment