Hello
The following information is just what I have been doing/think. Bottom line is do what you need to do ensure excellent customer service. When I hit a rough patch I ask the customer for their name and phone number and promise them a response within 24 hours. Then contact the department that works closely with that issue (EX. Circ Admin or LMS) at other times you may just need to open a ticket with the Help Desk.
Checking In Transit – Avoid Receipt
The work around I have been using is changing the print setting to no printer available. CAUTION: The important thing to ensure that the printer setting are changed when this task is completed/when you change to a different task.
Discards/Repair Shelf:
Please Hold off on any action with these items. My understanding is that locations will charge the discards to their discard account and then process them as normal (stamp and box). LMS staff will then delete the items records listed on the account from the system. I imagine that this is on hold until things settle down. If no information is released this week please send an e-mail to circ admin to ask.
Clearing The Hold Shelf:
For right now we are manually clearing the hold shelf (removing the item by the hold expiration date). FYI your paging list may contain expired holds on the shelf, but with the normal location for the call #.
Tagging
Never stopped so please start or continue with tagging
New Items:
Check-In all the new items, if you haven’t already. (Remember the last shipment of items were shipped with an “Check Shelf” Status)
Obtaining a checked-out summary:
1. Select Display User
2. Select Check-Outs
3. Highlight All items
4. Right click on an empty cell
5. Select Print Check-Out Receipt
Hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything
Sarah Ortiz
Library Assistant Supervisor
No comments:
Post a Comment