Thursday, March 5, 2015

Shelving


Hi Everyone,
     I forgot to mention an ongoing issue with shelving this morning at our staff meeting.  Lately, at both Blue Ridge and Vinson I have been finding uncatalogued (books without spine labels) Adult paperbacks shelved in the regular cataloged fiction area.  This is not correct.  I know that it can be confusing because we do shelve other uncatalogued item with cataloged items.  To clarify what uncatalogued items should be shelved with cataloged items I will explain below:

At BLU:
    Uncatalogued Juvenile paperbacks - interfiled
    Uncatalogued Young Adult paperbacks - interfiled
    Uncatalogued Adult paperbacks - NOT interfiled (should be shelved by genre on the spinner racks)

At VIN:
    Uncatalogued Juvenile paperbacks - NOT interfiled (should be shelved by Author's last name or if it is a series, with various authors, by the name of the series)
    Uncatalogued Young Adult paperbacks - interfiled
    Uncatalogued Adult paperbacks - NOT interfiled (should be shelved by genre on shelves by the entrance of the library or on the spinner racks in Express)

If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask.  Also, if you notice a volunteer not following these instructions please explain the proper way to shelve these items to them.

Thanks for all of your help,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment